Monday, April 19, 2010

. A Comparison .

Found this in my drafts yesterday… not sure if it was complete at the time, but it’s still good food for thought now…

Mercy~

  • Dictionary.com - compassionate or kindly forbearance shown toward an offender, an enemy, or other person in one's power; compassion, pity, or benevolence: Have mercy on the poor sinner
  • Heidi – Not getting the consequences we deserve.

Grace ~

  • Dictionary.com -
    1.elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action.
    2.a pleasing or attractive quality or endowment.
    3.favor or good will.
  • Heidi – Receiving God’s favor that we don’t deserve.

Many times I get these two things confused. The chapter I was reading this morning was on Mercy, so it caused me to once again ponder the difference and eternal implications of these two things… won’t you ponder with me?

Love,

H

No comments:

Post a Comment