Monday, June 20, 2011

Worship…

I have been **wrestling** big time lately…

Something I love:piano1

 

 

 

Combined with something else I love:
woman-singing-microphone-vintage-525
                                                      {When NO ONE else is around}

Sometimes, I just want to tell the Lord …

“Did you catch that last part?  It’s IMPORTANT. To me...sigh.. at least.”

Yet, here I am, part of a little, home church that I love and hold SO close to my heart.  They love to worship with their whole lives…including music… yet no one has stepped up to lead in that way.

I’ve been wrestling for .MONTHS.

Yesterday, my husband spoke up…lovingly… but I’m pretty sure his “major” hat was on.

By not being faithful with this talent … I was being…

Selfish

Self Centered

And Prideful

Yes… it’s true.

*Ouch* *Wince*
{Honestly, I started laughing.. laughing!. Hearing him say it helped me realize how REDICULIOUS I was being!}

AND yesterday in his sermon, my pastor reminded us of this {or something close}…

“You have a Truth that’s bigger than the truth of your fears, hurts, and trails! It’s not that those things aren’t true…they’re VERY real... yet Christ’s Truth is bigger!!”

AMEN!

So, I’m still wrestling and the fear {of man} is still very real, but my heart is in a more peaceful place,in the hands of Christ. I’m listening for what the Lord wants in this situation, instead of letting fear rule.

It’s a daily battle! And I’m thankful H'e’s still working on me!

~H~

No comments:

Post a Comment