Sunday, March 7, 2010

Comfortable In My Own Skin

The Lord has been doing a work in my heart this week, and it hasn’t necessarily been an easy, enjoyable journey. Insecurities in my own life have been rising to the surface, like grape skins do when you’re boiling grapes to make grape jelly.. .like this picture… a favorite childhood memory of mine. :)

imageAnd just like when making Jelly, it is important to skim this stuff off the top and not ignore it… cuz if you ignore it you’ll have to deal with it again, it never truly goes away.

For me this has come to the surface in the planning for engagement pics., invitations and really everything having to do with the wedding. I want it ALL to be PERFECT and WOW the world for years to come. In doing this though, I have walked down the treacherous path of caring more about what others think or the latest fashions than 1) The Lord… yikes! and 2)Being myself and comfortable with who I am and what I enjoy. This is a path I used to walk down alot, and by the Lord’s grace hadn’t been walking down, until now :).

So, I am slowly growing comfortable with the fact that 1) what I wear in my engagement pics. doesn’t have to be the latest fashion, because fashion really is what you make it, not trying to copy the latest trend… SO out come all the scarves I LOVE!

2) I am a big town girl, living in a small town world - which offers it’s own unique classyness for pictures and wedding locations! It may not be the nicest places, with the best food, but it is where I grew-up and thus uniquely part of me.

With all this realization, I can’t wait to share more of ME with the world and be comfortable with every part of who the Lord has created me… in my own skin :-).

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, I can totally relate to this. I felt this way throughout the wedding planning. I'm glad you're coming to realize this and resolve it now. I still felt this way after the wedding for a few months. Anyway, how are you doing? I love reading your blog!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. bah. i wrote a comment and exited the screen before i clicked the right button...so here i am again. i'd love to chat on thursday (ps i'm not on facebook for the time being, just in case you need to send me anything else). i'm so glad you're learning to be limitless : ) your wedding will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete