Wednesday, October 20, 2010

.Here I go.

Here I sit… wishing that I had hours and hours to spend with the Lord this morning, because my heart NEEDs Him this morning and He is wonderful!

Marriage is a beautiful thing and my heart becomes more and more Mike’s everyday… to the point that 5 min. of seeing each other in the middle of a crazy day isn’t enough, or he walks out the door in the morning and before he’s down the stairs I already miss him. Crazy how life is, huh? 

For our honeymoon he got us mugs kinda like this:image

And in it, it says “I found the one my heart loves".” Song of Solomon 3:4. YES- I have!  YES! YES! YES!

I love loving him, knowing him, serving him, surprising him, making breakfast/lunch/dinner for him, cleaning the house so he has a cozy place to come home to… every part of being a wife!  It’s not always easy, but with Christ as the center, I know I’m truly doing it to glorify Him. With that in mind, it becomes easier [not easy, just easier.]

I start a job today with The Morning Star – a local Christian book store.  I’m excited because I see the Lord’s hand in bringing me this job, but saddened because it’s going to take away slightly from doing all the things I mentioned above, that MUCH to my surprise, I’ve come to enjoy the past month!  On top of this, school starts again on Monday for me… another bittersweet addition to life.

Life is about to change. I hope I’m ready and pray I made the most of the last month at home – setting-up house, building daily “wifey” disciplines, and most importantly reaching into the depths of Jesus Christ and making sure He is my sole focus!

It’s with both joy and sadness, I step forward into my day… here I go!

~H~

P.S. Aren’t we a cute couple?

image 
{7.31.10 – before we were married, helping at Tara [Janik] and Chris Klefsaas’ wedding}

2 comments:

  1. SUUUPER Cute couple! A new season of wife-hood. You will still love well and do the best things, friend :) I love the challenge of having a job, going to school and still creating a loving environment for Josh. It is DEFINITELY not easy, but God's grace is so enough :) Love to you! Can't wait to hear how the job goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting your thoughts and heart on the season you're currently in and transitioning from....you encourage me and I admire you.

    And YES! You 2 are such a beautiful couple (inside & out)

    All my love.

    ReplyDelete