Monday, October 11, 2010

.Viewing God’s Word.

I’m going to have to interrupt my season of reflection and looking backward, to share about the here and now of life.  This is actually something I was just journaling about yesterday morning.   Reflecting on all that the Lord has done is extremely important, but how often do we [me especially] forget to savor the here and now.

What a RICH season I’m in… YES - because I’m a newly-wed and LOVING being married, but it’s more than that too.  I’m back among a fellowship of believers that are constantly blessing, encouraging and challenging my walk with the Lord! I.missed.this.SO.much.

My heart is hungry more of the Lord, yet so often I forget to feed it or only get a little snack – for the WHOLE day!  Imagine what your body would do if this happen, yet SO many times I do it to the ONE part of me that will live forever!  YIKES!  We need to be DESPERATE for the Lord, on our knees daily begging the King of Kings to change us and mold us to be more like him.  How BEAUITFUL!

Hearing and reading TRUTH, being picky even in the Christian realm of what you let into your head, makes a HUGE difference!  My eyes have been opened to the fact that so many times the Church and its leaders pick something they want to learn or know  and find scripture to back it up.  I’ve been guilty of this [Father, forgive me!!] and it rips me apart to know I have led people into this people-centered study of scripture!  Scripture is GOD’s WORD to us, how dare we change it!  My spirit is 110% more refreshed when I read a book by someone like John Piper or John MacArthur who have spent YEARS researching scripture IN CONTEXT. Men who go to the WORD and say – God get rid of me and reveal yourself!  NOT – God, show me what I want to see today.  We’re all guilty of the second, but it is not God’s BEST.

With that being said… I’m starting another blog to share about my journey with the Lord and seeking out HIS truth, not my own.  It’s not quiet ready yet, and I don’t want to rush it… so be looking for it in a later post.

-Heidi-

2 comments: