Thursday, October 7, 2010

.Honeymoon.

And the next topic on my list of things to blog about is…. THE HONEYMOON!

I downloaded my pictures from our travels yesterday and sadly… there aren’t very many at all!  So, I’ll try and compensate by linking to the websites to all the places we were.

Our first two nights we stayed in a cute, secluded place near Pella, IA.  For those of you who don’t know where this is, it’s about an hour from where the wedding was, but well worth the drive!  For those of you who live in Iowa – this is a GREAT place for every married couple!  Here’s the LINK.

Next – we were off to Massachusetts! 

Our first stop was Chicago… where we stayed at the The Allerton Hotel.  It’s probably the nicest hotel I’ve ever stayed in [we got it cheap on Hotwire.] AND they upgraded us to the honeymoon suite for FREE! YES! We had a great view of the city!  The next day we went to Navy Pier, Giordano's [for some GREAT Chicago style Pizza].

Then we drove to Sandusky, OH so that we could spend a day at… CEDAR POINT!  It’s one of the largest amusement parks in the U.S.!  This is something we both GREATLY enjoy but have never done together!  Although we quickly realized that our ages have caught up with us when we were ready to leave around 4 PM and hadn’t road all the rides yet… it was still WELL worth it!

That night we stayed with one of my good friends, bridesmaids, and her new husband – Tara and Chris Klefsaas.  It was nice to be in a home for one night at this point!  It was a time of relaxed, sweet fellowship!

Then we made our way home, but only for a night… because then we were off to the Brookshire Mtns of Western Mass.  My aunt and uncle had given us a week’s time share at Vacation Village.  It was SO relaxing and yet went by SO quickly!  We enjoyed cooking for ourselves, their free movie rentals, hiking the Mtns and sleeping!

We also visited the Norman Rockwell museum that was near by, here are a few pics!

Honeymoon 003 His Studio.

 Honeymoon 006

Us

Honeymoon 010 

My man :)

On our way back home we stopped at my first corn maze!  Sad, I know, growing up in Iowa and never going to a corn maze is not something I’m proud of!

Honeymoon 015Surprise for me!

Honeymoon 017Starting the maze…

Honeymoon 018   We made it out alive!  And yes, Dunkin Donuts is my new favorite place to go!

Then we were home for a couple more days and flew down to Texas for ESOAL… but more on that later!

Overall we had a GREAT time hanging out, exploring the country, traveling, resting and eating lots of good food!  It.was.PERFECT.!!

-Heidi-

3 comments:

  1. Cutteeee! Thanks for the recap, I loved it!! :) Do share more about ESOAL soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cedar Point. How about that "Dragster!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ria - It's next on the list!
    Kathy - It was a RUSH! When I started my hair was in a pony tail and by the end, I had lost the band and my hair was a mess! It was fun though!

    ReplyDelete