Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I did something CRAZY today!

So… I was having a hard time dealing with the thought of being away from MY Valentine on the first year that I’ve ACTUALLY had a Valentine! That on top of the fact that it was a 3 Day weekend because Monday is Presidents Day!

Today, about 1:00 PM, I jumped on Kayak.com JUST to see if I could find anything remotely close to inexpensive for a flight from Des Moines to Boston… because both are on the small end for airports you ALWAYS have a layover and flights are not cheap!

Do do do… drumming fingers … I plugged in the airports and dates and times… *sigh*… probably won’t find anything. The prices start appearing… NOTHING under $300 for the times I’d specified sooooo, I widened the search a little more…

$220 for a flight for GOOD times, not the best but still good! SO… I text Mike… WHAT DO YOU THINK? We prayed/ thought/ checked our budget, and I don’t have to take vacation timeIT FIT!

So – I’m GOING TO SEE MY LOVE in 10 DAYS and be with him ALL day on VALENTINES DAY!! WAHOOOO! My heart is SO happy, being in a long distance relationship is hard when you don’t get to see each other often!

***Those of you that know me, know that I’m not usually a last minute, spur of the moment, BIG trip taker… but this I could not pass-up and Engagement is the season to do crazy, spur of the moment stuff like this…RIGHT?!?!***

--- A Very Happy Lady ---

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY! God had a plannnn :) :) :) Take TONS of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you Heidi : ) It's such a special season and seeing each other will do so much for your heart. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud of you! Yay for spur of the moment ;) and YAY for choosing to cherish this season of engagement. Not many people stop to do that. It's a true blessing for those who do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and my 'word verification' thing said "Spluorc" wouldn't it be fun if that were a real word??

    ReplyDelete