Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Hodgepodge of Topics

Life~

As I sat down to write this blog, I was pretty unsure of what to blog about today.  You see, these days, my life doesn’t change that much from day to day.  It’s simple, yet full.  Before leaving Teen Mania one of my mentors spoke over me that this coming season would be a “Pit-Stop” in the race of life for me. A time of refreshing and renewal.  Has it been those things?  I would say, Yes.  Not in the way I was originally anticipating because “His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.” Humans life is NEVER what we expect right? The important thing to remember is our life is ALWAYS what He, Christ, expects it the be!  How freeing, peaceful and rich is that?? It gets me excited! And reminds me SO much of how much I really do need his grace, EVERY SECOND!

Preparing for Marriage~

I was reading this sermon one morning this week “The Beautiful Faith of Fearless Submission” in it Piper talks about the four parts of a  Powerful  Womanhood:
1) Unshakable Hope in God – not her husband or her looks, but in the promises of God!  
2)Fearlessness – grows out of Hope. She knows whatever comes, will come and therefore does not fear the future. 
3) Internal Adornment – focusing more on beautifying her heart and mind, rather than her outward appearance.
4) Submission- he defines submission as:

Submission is the divine calling of a wife to honor and affirm her husband’s leadership and help carry it through according to her gifts. It’s the disposition to follow a husband’s authority and an inclination to yield to his leadership. It is an attitude that says, “I delight for you to take the initiative in our family. I am glad when you take responsibility for things and lead with love. I don’t flourish in the relationship when you are passive and I have to make sure the family works.”

Beautiful. Refreshing. Empowering. are the words that come to mind after reading that.  I feel like in today’s society that submission might as be a four-letter word, because they don’t see the other 3 parts of womanhood. But like anything, when it’s done God’s way, it’s wonderful! 

Fun~

On another note – Mike is going to be here in less than TWO weeks!  We have lots planned already, but the biggest plan is for this beautiful lady- Ria Lenzen- to take our engagement pictures!  I am SO excited!  What is it in women starts planning  for these kind of things weeks in advance… the clothes, hair, make-up, shoes, jewelry, etc? I enjoy being a woman and delighting in these things, but planning for engagement pics takes it to a whole new level, I want everything to be perfect!!  Guess I need to keep in mind what Piper said, while I make my plans, right? Anyone have any tips for Engagement pics?  Bring ‘em on!

Until Next time!
Heidi

1 comment:

  1. YAY, YAY! Sooooo excited!!! Hahaha butt one small problem.... I'm Ria Thurston now ;) No big deal, just funny! My parents still call me Ria Lenzen alllll the time!

    ps. i have to send you the pic of my coat. eek! I will try tonight!!

    ReplyDelete