Thursday, May 26, 2011

Appliance Shopping…

Last night was an adventure!  We’re meeting with our Mortgage lady today to go over all of our numbers… which meant we had to figure out what appliances we want in the kitchen. However, Mike it out of town on a job, so I had to go by myself! I’m totally clueless, so I called my mom on the way there to get some practical advice… she’s such a blessing!

Now, we can change our minds, but we just had to submit something for the numbers… so here’s what I landed on for us:

Fridge

Fridge {bottom freezer –it’s more efficient because cold falls}

Stove

Stove {gas w/ convection}

Washer

Dish-washer {Basic, yet quiet}

I also had to pick stuff out for the two rental floors… they’re getting a basic fridge and stove, both in black {cuz it doesn’t look dirty as quickly…this is a HUGE factor in my kitchen decisions, which I never would have though it would be before getting married}

I have to admit, I can tell God is doing a work in my heart. In different points in my life I have gone from wanting the nicest in everything, to the cheapest in everything. Finally, I feel like I’ve found a good balance in being wise, practical, and frugal. Not that I have arrived by ANY means!

More decisions to be made and I’m glad you get to come with me on this journey of fixing-up our home!

Can’t wait to put these appliances in our new house!

Love,

~H~

4 comments:

  1. Super excited for you both...you'll make a good land lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY... can't wait to shop for new appliances next year when we redo our kitchen! How FUN!!! Right now we have a $25 stove from a rummage sale and a $75 fridge I found on craigslist... HEY whatever works right?!
    Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! :-) You rockkkk!! Way to be wise, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete