Tuesday, May 24, 2011

An Encouragement….

This morning, in my time with the Lord, I was reading in Luke 6.  I have to admit that lately my morning times with the Lord have been dry, mostly because my thoughts have been wandering to work situations and dreaming about our home.

Worry – is really what it boils down to. It stinks! Literally.  It’s not a beautiful offering to the Lord AT ALL!

Praise God that my salvation is NOT based on my works… it’s by GRACE (thus the name of my blog) that I have been saved (Eph. 2:8). NOT the “greasy grace” though… this is a LIFE changing, LOVE filled, JOYFULL Grace that compels me to DESIRE and STIVE for holiness in my life and MAKE WAR on my flesh! Therefore, I will daily preach to myself the things of Christ and trust Him with all my heart!!

{Ok – that’s not where I pictured my blog going today, but I hope it blesses someone!}

 

Back to this morning… We have been going through a Bible study called “The Good Steward” {it’s SO good!!}

Last night they read a text in Luke 6: 20-27 that caught my eye. Specifically verse 22, which states…IMG-20110524-00097{here it is in my bible}

“Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.”

Witnessing at work has been a challenge for me…I’ m scared of what people think. Bottom Line.   This verse is was I needed to hear.

My Savior is worth being hated, excluded, insulted and rejected…because ultimately it’s not me who they are doing these things to, it’s Him… and that makes me want to  WEEP!

Love,

~H~

1 comment: